Collaborative and Partnership Business Practices
... seminar, which has been implemented in various forms already in more countries.
Public courses announced: -there are currently no open public courses in English-
Registration deadline: -
For closed groups, the programme is performed upon agreement.
This seminar topic is current and unique. We are convinced that in today's time, companies can acquire the most competitive advantages with "innovative" collaborative business models. We are convinced that the knowledge that will be given at the seminar is of strategic importance for companies' successful competition and co-opetition in the domestic and foreign markets.
The programme is intended for:
- management staff in companies (regardless of company size);
- coordinators/business network managers of already established business partnerships and networks;
- individuals who wish to realize their business ideas through entrepreneurial activities.
The purpose of the training is to provide knowledge about various possible forms and aspects of collaboration and partnership, which can help companies overcome obstacles or achieve visions. At the same time, the training gives companies and individuals plenty of courage to start to discover all the benefits that business partnerships can bring.
Main topic: Collaboration and partnership
Seminar title: Collaborative and Partnership Business Practices for Different Business Situations
Seminar code: WOC-001001-0001-EN
Other languages are available upon request (e.g. Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian and Slovenian or any other if requested)
Place and date: - there are currently no open public courses in English -
Registration deadline and advance questions: -
Seminars on "Collaboration and partnership" are modular, i.e. in addition to the introductory one, also separately for individual types of partnerships and individual aspects of business collaboration. A seminar called "Collaborative and Partner Business Practices" is the first in a series of seminars related to partnership strategies. We also recommend other modules related to the topic of collaboration and partnership, e.g.
- Relationships between the producer and its agents and distributors need to be carefully planned, managed and nurtured and
- ISO 44001:2017 - Collaborative Business Relationship Management Systems – Requirements and framework.
We recommend that you also monitor content related to collaborative business relationships on our website named "Business Partnerships Management".
Main topic: Collaboration and partnership
Companies and individuals come across collaboration and partnership in all of their development phases and all sectors regardless of company size. There are, however, several differences in the understanding of collaboration and partnership, namely in the reasons as well as approaches for the connection. Companies, and also individual regions, can achieve great competitive advantages using collaboration and partnership approaches, but we need to know that it takes at least some knowledge about partnership strategies and the management of such connections in order to achieve optimal and long-term effects. Knowledge about strategic thinking and modern business models is helpful as well. Many questions arise during the collaboration and partnership development process, e.g. what benefits will I get from collaboration and partnership, how do companies reach global visions, can (and how) do companies make use of partnerships and in what form, how to maintain partnership to make and keep it successful in a long run, and how to prepare for the possible termination of a partnership?
Recently, the ISO 44001:2017 standard has been adopted with the title Collaborative Business Relationship Management Systems - Requirements and Framework that relates to business partnerships and collaborative forms of business. The accepted standard is welcome, since it officially gives a great importance to collaborative business models for the competitiveness of companies.
Our trainings & events are aimed at addressing the issue of collaboration and partnership from various perspectives and for various development and business circumstances. Our programme related to the collaboration and partnership is modular, consists of more independent courses, and at the same time individual contents are also published on our web sites and portals.
We recommend that you monitor the content related to collaborative business relationships on our website dedicated to this topic named Business Partnerships Management.
Irena Rezec is an experienced expert with many years of experience both in the public as well as the private sector in Slovenia and abroad. She has gained experience and knowledge in the field of information solutions, entrepreneurship, European and global business ecosystems, business collaboration and partnership approaches as well as international operation of companies, all by obtaining the University (information systems) and Master's (international management) degree, by managing the Euro Info Cenre in Ljubljana (currently titled Enterprise Europe Network), by cooperating in various working groups in Slovenia and abroad, and within the last 15 years in the role of the Managing Director of the company WOTRA also by implementing a big number of projects and seminars in Slovenia and other countries in the world. For the past 15 years, she has also regularly evaluated EU project proposals (EU H2020, URBACT, and other funds) in the fields of ICT and industrial clusters development, and occassionally in the field of urban and rural economic development.
In addition, she was in-depth training in:
- collaborative relationships and partnership management (Rhythm of Business, OECD, Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Flanders);
- open and systematic innovation (CREAX, ECSB);
- digital marketing and online sales channels (Amazing);
- quantum techniques (Tadej Pretner);
- systemic dynamics in organisations - systemic constellations in business (a licensed faciliator certified by the Institute for Systemic Constellations Slovenia in cooperation with Bert Hellinger Institute of the Netherlands).
Registration and advance questions deadline: -
The number of participants is limited. In the event of an excessive number of applications, we will announce additional dates.
You can submit a registration or enquiry form and up to 3 advance questions (but not legal questions) via the Enquiry Form or by replying to an electronic invitation, if you have received it. You can also call us during office hours. When registering, indicate for which seminar and date you apply (or seminar code), basic information about the participant and also about the organization, in the case that the payer is an organization.
The price of the seminar per individual participant depends on the location/country of performance, the number of participants, the duration of the seminar, the possible co-organization of the seminar with partners in each country and other circumstances. Therefore, the price will be known when an individual seminar is announced. Members of the CollaboVentures platform have a 10% discount on the net price of the seminar.
The price of the seminar usually includes:
- seminar materials and access to the forum or community group on the topic under discussion;
- free one-year access to advanced content on the WOTRA Focus - Development Navigator portal, from the day this accessibility to advanced content is enabled on the portal;
- 30 minutes of free consultations in the days after the seminar end on the subject of business collaboration and partnership models, for the company that registered the participant and under the following conditions:
- consultations are made via Skype after prior announcement and mutual date/hour agreement;
- free consultations from this title can be used only in the case of timely paid registration fee;
- free consultations can be used no later than 6 months after the end of the seminar. This bonus falls due wholly within this period.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of their participation at the seminar.
You pay the fee in full before the seminar starts based on the received proforma invoice. We will forward the final invoice to your address after the seminar is ended.
Any termination of the seminar must be written and forwarded to the seminar organizer no later than ---. In case of timely cancellation we charge 15% of the administrative and organizational costs. We do not return the fee in the event of a subsequent cancellation, however the replacement of a participant from the same organization is possible.
Other conditions: We do not allow audio or video recording during the training.
In relation to collaborative and partnership models, we also offer consulting services tailored to individual clients or partnership form, among others:
- strategic planning of collaborative business relationships for an individual organization for a particular business situation or aspect of a business;
- review of existing partnerships and suggestions for improvements;
- regular monitoring of the dynamics of collaborative business relationships;
- a selection of business tools that support the management of collaborative business relationships;
- consulting, training and mentoring in the process of harmonizing the management system of collaborative business relationships with the recommendations of the international ISO 44001 standard;
- taking over coordination or management of client's business partnership network.
Visit the Business Partnerships Management website for more detailed information about our additional services.
Business networks and other forms of collaboration and partnership are those which most mark the current period, and this will be even more obvious in the future. It is becoming more and more obvious that there is a tendency towards partnerships where companies share risks and expenses, enable exchange of knowledge, access new markets and information, save time or even join technological achievements through collaboration and partnership. Companies in all sectors and of all sizes – from small to big companies – make use of collaborative business models as a strategic instrument.
Among other things, we will answer the following questions:
- What are the differences between individual forms, how can we gain a competitive advantage by combining one or another collaborative and partnership form, or may we acquire new markets, knowledge, funds?
- How can we successfully take advantage of individual collaboration forms to solve problems or crisis in the company, or even for faster achievement of company goals and strategies, and how to choose the most suitable collaborative form for our problem or goal?
- Are there any differences in the collaborative business forms and models in relation to a particular sector or company size?
- What does it mean to be "innovative" in establishing partnerships and what is the importance of management and organizational innovations for the competitiveness of the company?
- What is the connection between partnership strategies and open innovation?
- How to optimize existing business partnerships or identify and create new ones?
These are just a few of the questions that will be answered at the seminar.
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- identify and define the required alliances or partnerships that can, with an appropriate strategy, bring you either technological progress, access to foreign markets or new target groups, additional knowledge, capital, new ideas and perhaps innovations, new challenges, expanding activities, etc.;
- evaluate which partnership and collaborative forms and models would be more appropriate for you in individual cases or stages of development;
- estimate, what kind of knowledge still needs to be deepened as well as what new professions and staff would be needed to improve existing or introduce new modern collaborative business models in your organization.