Relationships between the Principal and its Agents and Distributors
... a careful planning, management and nurturing is needed
Public courses announced: -there are currently no open public courses in English-
Registration deadline: -
For closed groups, the programme is performed upon agreement.
Even the simplest strategy of entering the foreign market demands some knowledge and preparation.
The programme is intended for management staff in companies with end products who want to develop or improve their mutual cooperation with the international sales network of agents and distributors, and therefore increasing the sales success and reputation of their companies.
The purpose of the training is to provide producers with the knowledge and skills needed for their successful cooperation with a network of agents and distributors in foreign markets.
Main topic: Collaboration and partnership
Related topics: Internationalisation of Businesses, Marketing and Sales
Seminar code: WOC-001002-0001-EN
Other languages are available upon request (e.g. Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian and Slovenian or any other if requested)
Place and date: - there are currently no open public courses in English -
Registration deadline and advance questions: -
Seminars on "Collaboration and partnership" are modular, i.e. in addition to the introductory one, also separately for individual types of partnerships and individual aspects of business collaboration. A seminar called "Relationships between the producer and its agents and distributors need to be carefully planned, managed and nurtured" is one of a series of seminars related to partnership strategies. We recommend prior participation at the introductory module entitled "Collaborative and Partnership Business Practices for Different Business Situations". You can get more advanced knowledge about managing business relationships that are in line with international standard through our program "ISO 44001:2017 - Collaborative Business Relationship Management Systems – Requirements and framework".Depending on the interest of the participants, additional modules will follow.
We recommend that you also monitor content related to collaborative business relationships on our website named "Business Partnerships Management".
Main topic: Collaboration and partnership
Companies and individuals come across collaboration and partnership in all of their development phases and all sectors regardless of company size. There are, however, several differences in the understanding of collaboration and partnership, namely in the reasons as well as approaches for the connection. Companies, and also individual regions, can achieve great competitive advantages using collaboration and partnership approaches, but we need to know that it takes at least some knowledge about partnership strategies and the management of such connections in order to achieve optimal and long-term effects. Knowledge about strategic thinking and modern business models is helpful as well. Many questions arise during the collaboration and partnership development process, e.g. what benefits will I get from collaboration and partnership, how do companies reach global visions, can (and how) do companies make use of partnerships and in what form, how to maintain partnership to make and keep it successful in a long run, and how to prepare for the possible termination of a partnership?
Recently, the ISO 44001:2017 standard has been adopted with the title Collaborative Business Relationship Management Systems - Requirements and Framework that relates to business partnerships and collaborative forms of business. The accepted standard is welcome, since it officially gives a great importance to collaborative business models for the competitiveness of companies.
Our trainings & events are aimed at addressing the issue of collaboration and partnership from various perspectives and for various development and business circumstances. Our programme related to the collaboration and partnership is modular, consists of more independent courses, and at the same time individual contents are also published on our web sites and portals.
We recommend that you monitor the content related to collaborative business relationships on our website dedicated to this topic named Business Partnerships Management.
Irena Rezec is an experienced expert with many years of experience both in the public as well as the private sector in Slovenia and abroad. She has gained experience and knowledge in the field of information solutions, entrepreneurship, European and global business ecosystems, business collaboration and partnership approaches as well as international operation of companies, all by obtaining the University (information systems) and Master's (international management) degree, by managing the Euro Info Cenre in Ljubljana (currently called Enterprise Europe Network), by cooperating in various working groups in Slovenia and abroad, and within the last 15 years in the role of the Managing Director of the company WOTRA also by implementing a big number of projects and seminars in Slovenia and other countries in the world. For the past 15 years, she has also regularly evaluated EU project proposals (EU H2020, URBACT, and other funds) in the fields of ICT and industrial clusters development, and occassionally in the field of urban and rural economic development.
In addition, she was in-depth training in:
- collaborative relationships and partnership management (Rhythm of Business, OECD, Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Flanders);
- open and systematic innovation (CREAX, ECSB);
- digital marketing and online sales channels (Amazing);
- quantum techniques (Tadej Pretner);
- systemic dynamics in organisations - systemic constellations in business (a licensed faciliator certified by the Institute for Systemic Constellations Slovenia in cooperation with Bert Hellinger Institute of the Netherlands).
Registration and advance questions deadline: -
The number of participants is limited. In the event of an excessive number of applications, we will announce additional dates.
You can submit a registration or enquiry form and up to 3 advance questions (but not legal questions) via the Enquiry Form or by replying to an electronic invitation, if you have received it. You can also call us during office hours. When registering, indicate for which seminar and date you apply (or seminar code), basic information about the participant and also about the organization, in the case that the payer is an organization.
The price of the seminar per individual participant depends on the location/country of performance, the number of participants, the duration of the seminar, the possible co-organization of the seminar with partners in each country and other circumstances. Therefore, the price will be known when an individual seminar is announced. Members of the CollaboVentures platform have a 10% discount on the net price of the seminar.
The price of the seminar usually includes:
- seminar materials and access to the forum or community group on the topic under discussion;
- free one-year access to advanced content on the WOTRA Focus - Development Navigator portal, from the day this accessibility to advanced content is enabled on the portal;
- 30 minutes of free consultations in the days after the seminar end on the subject of relationships between the producer and its agents and distributors, for the company that registered the participant and under the following conditions:
- consultations are made via Skype after prior announcement and mutual date/hour agreement;
- free consultations from this title can be used only in the case of timely paid registration fee;
- free consultations can be used no later than 6 months after the end of the seminar. This bonus falls due wholly within this period.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of their participation at the seminar.
You pay the fee in full before the seminar starts based on the received proforma invoice. We will forward the final invoice to your address after the seminar is ended.
Any termination of the seminar must be written and forwarded to the seminar organizer no later than ---. In case of timely cancellation we charge 15% of the administrative and organizational costs. We do not return the fee in the event of a subsequent cancellation, however the replacement of a participant from the same organization is possible.
Other conditions: We do not allow audio or video recording during the training.
Regarding relationships between the manufacturer and its representatives and distributors, we also offer consulting services tailored to individual clients or partnership form, among others:
- strategic planning of an international network of agents and distributors for an individual client for a particular business situation or business aspect;
- review of existing partnerships and strategies with suggestions for improvements;
- regular monitoring of the dynamics of collaborative business relationships;
- a selection of business tools that support the management of collaborative business relationships;
- consulting, training and mentoring in the process of harmonizing the management system of collaborative business relationships with the recommendations of the international ISO 44001 standard;
- taking over coordination or management of client's business partnership network.
Visit the Business Partnerships Management website for more detailed information about our additional services.
Even the simplest strategy of entering the foreign market demands some knowledge and preparation. It is no secret that mutual cooperation and trust, as well as planned and standardized mutual processes bring more success. This is why a range of very elaborated procedures, methodologies and tools has been developed. This is especially important while establishing the first contact abroad, where successful commercial agents and/or distributors assess not only the suitability of a product and price of product, which producers want to launch to a foreign market, but also the producer's maturity or level of development, and therefore suitability of a producer for cooperation.
Among other things, we will answer the following questions:
- Is it possible to improve your existing strategies and procedures to get top quality representatives and distributors?
- Are practices in individual foreign markets different and require additional preparation?
- Are there any sectoral differences in the forms and models of cooperation with the international sales network?
- How the digital economy is stirring up relationships between the manufacturer and his network of agents and distributors?
- How to optimize an existing network of agents and distributors or identify and create new partnerships?
These are just a few of the questions that will be answered at the seminar.
After the seminar, you will:
- be able to more effectively decide on the most appropriate strategy for you to appear on foreign markets through an international network of agents and distributors, as well as whether it is the only and/or the best strategy for entering foreign markets in your specific case;
- know the individual phases of the sales network development through agents and distributors and key activities in individual phases;
- know the latest trends and tools related to the design, management and care of the sales network of agents and distributors.