Management and Business Trends
the impact of the digital economy on the management and business
Public courses announced: -there are currently no open public courses in English-
Registration deadline: -
For closed groups, the programme is performed upon agreement.
Information and communication technology in combination with innovative collaborative business models enables us unprecedented new possibilities. Do you follow the trends and introduce new practices in your work, management and business?
The programme is intended for:
- directors of companies;
- other management staff, especially those who are in charge of strategic planning of the company or organization.
The purpose of the training is to acquaint participants with the trends in management and business in the age of the digital economy and to present them with a series of good practices and proposals for the introduction of novelties in the management and business in their own companies or organizations.
Main topic: Management and Business
Related topics: Digital Economy, Entrepreneurship and Business Development
Seminar title: Management and Business Trends - the impact of the digital economy on the management and business
Seminar code: WOC-011001-0001-EN
Other languages are available upon request (e.g. Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian and Slovenian or any other if requested)
Place and date: - there are currently no open public courses in English -
Registration deadline and advance questions: -
Seminars on "Management and Business" are modular, separately in individual areas of management and business and/or on the basis of other criteria and received business incentives.Depending on the interest of the participants, additional modules will follow.
We recommend that you also visit our official WOTRA website for more information on our activities and services provided.
Main topic: Management and Business
Within the framework of the "management and business" topic we touch the basic management and business areas, areas of business strategies, human resources management, financial managment and business intelligence, areas of procurement, production, project management, etc. Despite the fact that all mentioned seem to fall under classical management and business topics, our programme content is not a classical one, as we want to introduce new trends and novelties in our programmes, which can bring an important competitive advantage to an individual company.
Irena Rezec is an experienced expert with many years of experience both in the public as well as the private sector in Slovenia and abroad. She has gained experience and knowledge in the field of information solutions, entrepreneurship, European and global business ecosystems, business collaboration and partnership approaches as well as international operation of companies, all by obtaining the University (information systems) and Master's (international management) degree, by managing the Euro Info Cenre in Ljubljana (currently titled Enterprise Europe Network), by cooperating in various working groups in Slovenia and abroad, and within the last 15 years in the role of the Managing Director of the company WOTRA also by implementing a big number of projects and seminars in Slovenia and other countries in the world. For the past 15 years, she has also regularly evaluated EU project proposals (EU H2020, URBACT, and other funds) in the fields of ICT and industrial clusters development, and occassionally in the field of urban and rural economic development.
In addition, she was in-depth training in:
- collaborative relationships and partnership management (Rhythm of Business, OECD, Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Flanders);
- open and systematic innovation (CREAX, ECSB);
- digital marketing and online sales channels (Amazing);
- quantum techniques (Tadej Pretner);
- systemic dynamics in organisations - systemic constellations in business (a licensed faciliator certified by the Institute for Systemic Constellations Slovenia in cooperation with Bert Hellinger Institute of the Netherlands).
Registration and advance questions deadline: -
The number of participants is limited. In the event of an excessive number of applications, we will announce additional dates.
You can submit a registration or enquiry form and up to 3 advance questions (but not legal questions) via the Enquiry Form or by replying to an electronic invitation, if you have received it. You can also call us during office hours. When registering, indicate for which seminar and date you apply (or seminar code), basic information about the participant and also about the organization, in the case that the payer is an organization.
The price of the seminar per individual participant depends on the location/country of performance, the number of participants, the duration of the seminar, the possible co-organization of the seminar with partners in each country and other circumstances. Therefore, the price will be known when an individual seminar is announced. Members of the CollaboVentures platform have a 10% discount on the net price of the seminar.
The price of the seminar usually includes:
- seminar materials and access to the forum or community group on the topic under discussion;
- free one-year access to advanced content on the WOTRA Focus - Development Navigator portal, from the day this accessibility to advanced content is enabled on the portal;
- 30 minutes of free consultations in the days after the seminar end on the subject of the seminar, for the company that registered the participant and under the following conditions:
- consultations are made via Skype after prior announcement and mutual date/hour agreement;
- free consultations from this title can be used only in the case of timely paid registration fee;
- free consultations can be used no later than 6 months after the end of the seminar. This bonus falls due wholly within this period.
Participants will also receive a Certificate of their participation at the seminar.
You pay the fee in full before the seminar starts based on the received proforma invoice. We will forward the final invoice to your address after the seminar is ended.
Any termination of the seminar must be written and forwarded to the seminar organizer no later than ---. In case of timely cancellation we charge 15% of the administrative and organizational costs. We do not return the fee in the event of a subsequent cancellation, however the replacement of a participant from the same organization is possible.
Other conditions: We do not allow audio or video recording during the training.
In relation to the impact of the digital economy on work, management and business, we also offer consulting services tailored to individual clients, among others:
- reviewing existing business from the point of view of comparability with the modern trends of the digital economy and making suggestions for improvements; the scope of the activity depends on the individual client, e.g. it is possible to perform an analysis at the company level or organizations, a particular area of business, or, last but not least, an analysis of a company's website or online store;
- planning and elaboration of the strategy and proposed measures for the gradual introduction of changes in line with the trends of the digital economy;
- advisory support at the time of the change;
- druge sorodne storitve.
Visit the official WOTRA website for more detailed information about our additional services.
Changing conditions in the global market force companies to reflect on the company's further strategy, more efficient organization and business digitalisation, better exploitation of the innovation potential in the company's internal and external environment, changes in governance and attitude towards employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and partners as well about changes in attitude towards the environment in which they work and live.
The impact of the digital economy today is visible in all activities, in all business models, in all processes, in all relationships. On the one hand, it seems that the introduction of changes in line with the trends of the digital economy is a domain of only large enterprises. On the other hand, the practice shows that small and medium-sized enterprises of all sectors and even from agricultural sector can gain significant competitive advantages already through small changes. Very soon, those SMEs accelerate the characteristics of the local-regional-national player.
We will present the trends with examples of successful business practices. Examples will be adapted to the activities of each individual group of training participants.
Among other things, we will answer the following questions:
- What challenges and opportunities the digital economy brings and in which areas?
- How to set priorities for introducing novelties and in which areas?
- What knowledge we need to adapt to new trends and their introduction into our own practice?
These are just a few of the questions that will be answered at the seminar.
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- understand the significance and impact of digital business trends on your business performance and success in the coming years;
- define or optimize the internal strategy for the gradual introduction of change in line with the challenges of the digital economy;
- estimate, what kind of knowledge still needs to be deepened as well as what new professions and staff would be needed to be aligned with the digital management and business trends in your organization.